The Schneyders

The Schneyders

Friday, June 24, 2011

Youth Conferece Continued

                We, meaning little Kevin, loaded up the truck and we were on our way to Cleburne
We had to stay twenty minutes away from the actual place Youth Conference was because there were no rooms available, but we were happy to be able to sleep on real beds and not on the hard ground.
That night we went and set up the stove and made sure we were near a water hook up and electric outlet. 

We headed back to the hotel, had some Dairy Queen and a friendly race in the hotel pool. We were in bed right after 10 so we could get up at 5 the next morning. YIKES! Breakfast was served at 7:30 and we had eggs to cook, sausage to heat up and gravy. 
I was put on orange juice duty, little Kevin just did anything he was told to do (sometimes it was helping me chip away the ice from the orange juice cans, and other times it was stirring Daniel's gravy while he cut fruit)


 Our knife worked like a gem, this was our free knife for registering from Calphalon not our set of knives.
   Daniel looking so happy at 6:45 cutting his oranges
Kevin brought us all aprons so we didn't get junk on our clothes. Daniel and I got ones with chili peppers

We served.. biscuits and gravy(with sausage in it), sausage patties which you saw me make, scrambled eggs, bananas and oranges. And orange juice (some said it was the best they every had).

One girl before we had started serving, I guess she had just gotten up and was thirsty, I had put all the juice coolers on the bench of the picnic table and when she came over "I said all of these are juice." "Where is the water?" "Over on the water table, over there." "Do I need to bring my own cup too? Or is there one over there?" I then turned to little Kevin, "do you think we should bring a water jug over here? Girl turned and yelled YES!
She was a piece of work, the rest of the morning we had to continually tell people which was water and which was juice.
I think we were a success, people came up for seconds and just to say thank you to us for waking up and cooking for them. I was also astonished at how many people didn't understand to hold your cup right up next to the spout so all the juice didn't end up every where, and when you did tell them, they would just kind of look at you and be like "What? Oh. Sorry." but whatever.
 I think we had about 150 people come through the line. Daniel was surprised how much girls could pack away and about the amount of boys that did NOT eat biscuits and gravy. To each his own I say.
              We had some leaders from our ward help serve the breakfast.

                 This is me helping clean up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment