The Schneyders

The Schneyders

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dining Room Buffet

 The previous owners of our home left a few things for us. One of the things they left was a coffee table. This was a table that looked like it was for mostly outside use. One day Daniel and I were talking about going to thrift stores and looking for a buffet we could fix up, as we were talking I looked out the window and saw this table. I suggested that we could just extend the legs to counter height and use the table top. I knew it was wider than most buffets but I was happy just to be able to have some use for the table and to be able to serve food in the dining room. When he got home he measured the legs, they were a 3"x3" so we said no problem we will go buy that and just attach the legs with brackets. Turns out they don't make a 3"x3" and a 4"x4" is really 31/2"x3x1/2" so we decided that we had room for an extra half inch. We were so lucky that his dad was willing to help us. We were able to get the legs on plus we could have a shelf.

This is the table top sanded. I thought I had a picture of the table with the legs but I guess I don't.

The process of putting the legs on was an ordeal to say the least.


































After we filled all the seams we let it dry over night. The next morning I painted and added a glaze to add a little depth and it wasn't just a flat table.





The first way I did the glaze I felt it looked too rustic, so I had to repaint and redo the glaze.

I have sealed it and just allowing it to dry. We will be able to move it in Thursday or Friday whenever we get around to it :)




1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome and you are very lucky to have such a handy father in law.

    ReplyDelete