The Schneyders

The Schneyders

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Unexpected Twist

This week didn't start out the best, on Tuesday I was let go from my job. I had been getting restless and didn't like my job and was basically going only because I had to. Well I was really upset driving home on Tuesday and felt super bad and didn't want Daniel to worry about finances and stuff. When I got home Daniel told me that he had called a dealership to sell his truck to and said that it was at least an option. I promised him I would look for a job and get one by the end of the week. The following day I had to go back in for one more hour to finish scanning a file, after that I decided to hand out my resume at some nearby,locally owned stores and see if I could get something temporary. On the second place I went into (a bridal boutique) at first she said she wasn't hiring anyone, but then we sat down and she interviewed me and showed me around her shop. She asked me if I would be interested in just helping out on Saturdays when they are the busiest and just doing odds and ends. I said I would love to do that. She told me that she would pray about it and call me at the end of the week. That same day the Cedar Hill recreation center responded to the resume I had sent in a week ago for the assistant manager position. It is a part time position, but I was happy to have any job until the end of the summer. Saturday came around and Daniel and I said that we would go out to the Dodge dealership and see what they could do for us about selling it to them and how much we needed to pay if we needed to at all. We also decided that we would go talk to WIC and try to get onto food stamps and any kind of government assistance we could in case it was longer than 2 weeks that I was without a job. We got to the WIC information place and they were closed for lunch and would open again in an hour. So we decided to head over to the dealership first. When we got there we talked to a guy named Shaun. He had helped Daniel and his family to buy all their cars now and before. He asked us what was going on and Daniel said "well my wife just lost her job so we were wondering what our options would be. Right now I am driving a work truck so my truck is definitely a luxury and we need to cut back on our luxuries." And Shaun said "Well why doesn't she come work for me?" We were totally in shock this was not what we were expecting. We asked who we would need to talk to and he said "Me. I'm the General Manager. Can you be here on Monday?" We asked him about salary and he had me fill out an application.
It is amazing the way the Lord works. I was sure I was not going to be able to find a job for some time since I had been looking for other work the whole time I was employed. In the same week of being fired I had the opportunity to work at three places. I am excited for the new opportunity to be selling new cars and hope that I will be decent at it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristen! That is amazing, exciting and scary all at the same time. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete