The Schneyders

The Schneyders

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Butterfly park

It has been awhile since I have posted and I thought since I am alone this afternoon that it would be a good time to catch up on my posts. 

It seems like all I have to blog about is parks so surprise surprise it's another park. We went to this park because it is on one of Daniel's routes that he used to drive by every week. Butterflies seem to be the running themes at parks. In most parks there are sections that are reserved for the butterflies that are common and the wildlife so that we can appreciate it and have a park.


 But here we both are with the butterfly


 Leaf hopscotch

 I thought it was pretty neat that they put the shape of the leaf along with the name of it from the surrounding trees in the park.

 This is the caterpillar. It is made of a sponge like material

3 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of the shorts...it's so cold...where is daniel that you are alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the leaf idea - I always want to know what the name of a tree is. We've lived on Post Oak drive...or lived by it...Abilene is a faint memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the mornings are cold but it warms us to the 70s almost every day. Daniel was hometeaching all day. I think they were smart that way the kids aren't asking their moms they can collect the leaves and match them to their shape

    ReplyDelete