The Schneyders

The Schneyders

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nightly Walk


Every night Daniel and I try to go on a twenty to thirty minute walk.  We like to get out of the house and are trying to stick to our goal of losing weight during the year. We generally go to the same park in Mansfield, it is big and has many different ways to get around the loop. Sometimes we do  shoppin' walkin' and walk around Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx. Last week we went to a new park. This one had many forest trails that you could go on, but they didn't make a loop so you ended up walking the same thing back. It was a nice change. We look like a bunch of rag a muffins because it is very humid and your hair just sticks to you.
Before we went exploring, for lack of a better word, we wanted to stand out on the pier and look into the lake. When I tried to approach, a swan starting panicking. She was honking to alert the male swan so he could protect her. She was laying on her eggs and apparently didn't want any company. So when I tried to get closer the male swan extended his neck and started to come at me! It was so funny. Daniel was nervous to get any closer, I wish I had had my camera out sooner to get a picture of "over protective dad".

3 comments:

  1. why are you messin' with the swans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun for a nightly walk as newleyweds! Scary about the bird incident... I went on a nightly walk the other day only to be encountered by naked girl... She scared the living daylight out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To add excitement to the night :)

    ReplyDelete